Question by : What is The church of Christ’s doctrine say?
I’m trying to find the right church to attend
Answer by TONI101
The church of Christ’s doctrine is about the same as other churches, but the one in my area does not allow musical instruments to play along with the singing. And the women have a dress code. They have to have sleeves in their dresses.
How to Identify the True Religion
1. The true religion worships the only true God, Jehovah.—Deuteronomy 6:4, 5; Psalm 146:5-10; Matthew 22:37, 38.
2. The true religion offers access to God by means of Christ Jesus.—John 17:3, 6-8; 1 Timothy 2:5, 6; 1 John 4:15.
3. The true religion teaches and practices unselfish love.—John 13:34, 35; 1 Corinthians 13:1-8; 1 John 3:10-12.
4. The true religion remains untainted by worldly politics and conflicts. It is neutral in time of war.—John 18:36; James 1:27.
5. The true religion lets God be true by accepting the Bible as God’s Word.—Romans 3:3, 4; 2 Timothy 3:16, 17; 1 Thessalonians 2:13.
6. The true religion does not condone war or personal violence.—Micah 4:2-4; Romans 12:17-21; Colossians 3:12-14.
7. The true religion successfully unites people of every race, language, and tribe. It does not preach nationalism or hatred, but love.—Isaiah 2:2-4; Colossians 3:10, 11; Revelation 7:9, 10.
8. The true religion advocates serving God, not for selfish gain or a salary, but out of love. It does not glorify men. It glorifies God.—1 Peter 5:1-4; 1 Corinthians 9:18; Matthew 23:5-12.
9. The true religion proclaims the Kingdom of God as man’s sure hope, not some political or social philosophy.—Mark 13:10; Acts 8:12; 28:23, 30, 31.
10. The true religion teaches the truth regarding God’s purpose for man and the earth. It does not teach the religious lies of immortal soul and eternal torment in hell. It teaches that God is love.—Judges 16:30; Isaiah 45:12, 18; Matthew 5:5; 1 John 4:7-11; Revelation 20:13, 14.
Add your own answer in the comments!