The New Cut
Image by Gerry Balding
The "Chapelfield" liveried Class 156 DMU is seen running alongside the New Cut at Thorpe St. Andrew. It is on a Wherry Lines working from Norwich to the East Coast.
The "Chapelfield" livery advertises the Chapelfield shopping centre in Norwich. The tower of Thorpe St. Andrew parish church can be seen through the trees in the background.
The waterway running is known as the “New Cut”. It opened in 1833 to further enhance the speed of river transport between Norwich and Lowestoft.
This location is in the Whitlingham Country Park and can only be reached on foot.