Tag Archives: Andrew

Church of St Andrew – Church Road, Wilmcote

Church of St Andrew – Church Road, Wilmcote
Church list
Image by ell brown
On Church Road in Wilmcote. The church and nearby cottages.

This is the Church of St Andrew in Wilmcote. It is next door to the primary school.

Grade II listed.

Church of St Andrew, Wilmcote

WILMCOTE CHURCH ROAD
SP15NE (West side)
8/26 Church of St. Andrew
11/12/69

GV II

Small church. 1840-42. Attributed to William Butterfield (VCH), but attribution
not accepted by Paul Thompson. Built for the Knottesford Fortescue family.
Regular coursed lias with limestone ashlar dressings. Tile roofs with coped
gables. Aisled nave and chancel, north vestry. Early English style. 4-bay nave,
2-bay chancel. Angle buttresses and lancets with continuous hood moulds
throughout. Chancel has triple east lancets with string course at sill, and
quatrefoil above. Buttresses with gablets. Gable has foliated cross. Single
south window. Roof has corbel table. Small north door in lean-to porch with east
window. South aisle has 4 windows and east window; north aisle has 3 north
windows only. Nave and chancel roof in one; aisles have lean-to roofs of same
pitch, but slightly lower. West entrance between 2 lancets has chamfered arched
doorway with stilted outer arch, and plank door with ironwork. String course at
sill level continued up over door as gable with stiff-leaf finial. Pointed
elliptical window above has moulded surround. Gable has small louvred wood
bellcote. Far-projecting vestry, possibly a later addition, at right angles to
north aisle, has west door with hood mould continued across wall. North window.
Blank east wall of imitation ashlar cement. Interior: Plastered or whitewashed
walls. Chancel has 2 pairs of sedilia. Small elaborate niche and bracket on
north wall has trefoiled arch with shafts and gable, and bracket supported on
stiff-leaves clasped in a hand. Elaborate painting, stencilling and gilding on
every surface, including panelled wagon roof. Encaustic tile paving. Chancel
arch on short colonette corbels. Nave has 4-bay arcade of 2 chamfered orders and
round piers with 4 fillets. West internal porch, gallery overt west arch and
west wall of aisles elaborately painted and stencilled. Queen strut roof with
arched braces on colonnette corbels. Narrow aisles, lower than arcade. Walls
covered with scenes from the life of Christ painted in monochrome on zinc
sheets, said to have been painted by the incumbent c.1870. Fittings: Arcaded
stone altar. Carved stone pulpit with later monochrome paintings c.1870.
Cylindrical stone font with carved interlace ornament, and elaborate ironwork on
lid. Stained glass: East window c.1857, south aisle east mid C19; good quality
medieval style work. Sculpture: Flemish relief of c.1520 (Buildings of England)
on west wall. A good, very largely complete example of a Tractarian-influenced
church interior.
(V.C.H.: Warwickshire, Vol.III, p. ; Buildings of England: Harwicksfiire,
pp.473-471; Paul Thompson: William Butterfield, p.56).

Listing NGR: SP1638657892

The churchyard with gravestones and memorials.

Obelisk cross memorial.

Church of St Andrew, Minterne Magna – clock

Church of St Andrew, Minterne Magna – clock
Church list
Image by ell brown
A village in Dorset called Minerne Magna. We stopped here to visit Minterne Gardens.

This is the Church of St Andrew in Minterne Magna.

Grade II* listed building.

Church of St Andrew, Minterne Magna

ST 60 SE MINTERNE MAGNA MINTERNE MAGNA VILLAGE
(EAST SIDE)

8/172 26-1-56 Church of St Andrew

GV II*

Parish Church. Chancel and nave early C15, north chapel 1610-20,
west tower 1800 and 1894, general restoration 1894. Chapel probably
for Sir Robert Napier. Restoration of chancel and aisle by H.C. Sturt.
Walls of banded flint and rubble and rubble with Ham Hill stone ashlar
dressings, chapel in ashlar. Tiled, gable-ended roofs with stone
copings bearing finials. Nave has stone slate verges. Plan: chancel,
nave, west tower, north chapel. West tower: 2 stages separated by
strings with embattled parapet and crocketted pinnicles; parapet
string bears gargoules and stylized foliage; angle pilaster strips;
first stage has blind 2-centred arches to north and south and 2-centred,
moulded west door; second stage has 2-centred windows with pierced
stone panels, nave wall; windows separated by Cl9 2-stage buttresses
with carved gabled tops; central C19, 4-centred perpendicular, 3-light
window flanked by similar 2-light C15 windows under 2-centred heads.
Chancel: south wall has 2 square headed, 2-light Perpendicular windows
flanking a 2-centred door; east window of 3-lights with perpendicular
tracery under a 2-centred head; north window similar to the south
windows. Chapel: north window of 5-lights with 4-centred heads, the
central one being raised,with a stepped, returned label over: west window
of 4 4-centred lights with a square head and ovolo-moulded mullions;
west door with 4-centred head. South nave window is of 2-lights under
a 2-centred head with Perpendicular tracery. Interior features:
moulded, 2-centred chancel arch with continuous jambs; moulded,
elliptical chapel arch: tower arch part concealed, flat responds;
C19 scissor-braced roofs with cusping to nave and chancel springing
from carved corbels; C19 chapel roof with arch-braced cambered collar
springing from wall-plate with carved leaves; seating with carved
bench ends of 1897; C19 octagonal pulpit; piscina with 2-centred head
in nave; C15 octagonal font with quatrefoils containing carving on
modern base; various C17, C18, C19 and C20 monuments notably to the
Napiers in the chapel with broken pediment on Corinthian columns flanked
by weepers by Robert Taylor senior early C18 and to Charles Churchill
1714 in the nave with massed trophies of arms; some C15 glass in nave.
RCHM, Dorset, vol I, pp 167-168, no 1. Newman J and Pevsner N, The
Buildings of England; Dorset, Penguin,1972, p 295. Kelly’s Directory
of Dorsetshire 1899.

Listing NGR: ST6595504340

Clock

Church of St Andrew, Minterne Magna – gravestones

Church of St Andrew, Minterne Magna – gravestones
Church list
Image by ell brown
A village in Dorset called Minerne Magna. We stopped here to visit Minterne Gardens.

This is the Church of St Andrew in Minterne Magna.

Grade II* listed building.

Church of St Andrew, Minterne Magna

ST 60 SE MINTERNE MAGNA MINTERNE MAGNA VILLAGE
(EAST SIDE)

8/172 26-1-56 Church of St Andrew

GV II*

Parish Church. Chancel and nave early C15, north chapel 1610-20,
west tower 1800 and 1894, general restoration 1894. Chapel probably
for Sir Robert Napier. Restoration of chancel and aisle by H.C. Sturt.
Walls of banded flint and rubble and rubble with Ham Hill stone ashlar
dressings, chapel in ashlar. Tiled, gable-ended roofs with stone
copings bearing finials. Nave has stone slate verges. Plan: chancel,
nave, west tower, north chapel. West tower: 2 stages separated by
strings with embattled parapet and crocketted pinnicles; parapet
string bears gargoules and stylized foliage; angle pilaster strips;
first stage has blind 2-centred arches to north and south and 2-centred,
moulded west door; second stage has 2-centred windows with pierced
stone panels, nave wall; windows separated by Cl9 2-stage buttresses
with carved gabled tops; central C19, 4-centred perpendicular, 3-light
window flanked by similar 2-light C15 windows under 2-centred heads.
Chancel: south wall has 2 square headed, 2-light Perpendicular windows
flanking a 2-centred door; east window of 3-lights with perpendicular
tracery under a 2-centred head; north window similar to the south
windows. Chapel: north window of 5-lights with 4-centred heads, the
central one being raised,with a stepped, returned label over: west window
of 4 4-centred lights with a square head and ovolo-moulded mullions;
west door with 4-centred head. South nave window is of 2-lights under
a 2-centred head with Perpendicular tracery. Interior features:
moulded, 2-centred chancel arch with continuous jambs; moulded,
elliptical chapel arch: tower arch part concealed, flat responds;
C19 scissor-braced roofs with cusping to nave and chancel springing
from carved corbels; C19 chapel roof with arch-braced cambered collar
springing from wall-plate with carved leaves; seating with carved
bench ends of 1897; C19 octagonal pulpit; piscina with 2-centred head
in nave; C15 octagonal font with quatrefoils containing carving on
modern base; various C17, C18, C19 and C20 monuments notably to the
Napiers in the chapel with broken pediment on Corinthian columns flanked
by weepers by Robert Taylor senior early C18 and to Charles Churchill
1714 in the nave with massed trophies of arms; some C15 glass in nave.
RCHM, Dorset, vol I, pp 167-168, no 1. Newman J and Pevsner N, The
Buildings of England; Dorset, Penguin,1972, p 295. Kelly’s Directory
of Dorsetshire 1899.

Listing NGR: ST6595504340

Gravestones

Church of St Andrew, Minterne Magna

Church of St Andrew, Minterne Magna
Church list
Image by ell brown
A village in Dorset called Minerne Magna. We stopped here to visit Minterne Gardens.

This is the Church of St Andrew in Minterne Magna.

Grade II* listed building.

Church of St Andrew, Minterne Magna

ST 60 SE MINTERNE MAGNA MINTERNE MAGNA VILLAGE
(EAST SIDE)

8/172 26-1-56 Church of St Andrew

GV II*

Parish Church. Chancel and nave early C15, north chapel 1610-20,
west tower 1800 and 1894, general restoration 1894. Chapel probably
for Sir Robert Napier. Restoration of chancel and aisle by H.C. Sturt.
Walls of banded flint and rubble and rubble with Ham Hill stone ashlar
dressings, chapel in ashlar. Tiled, gable-ended roofs with stone
copings bearing finials. Nave has stone slate verges. Plan: chancel,
nave, west tower, north chapel. West tower: 2 stages separated by
strings with embattled parapet and crocketted pinnicles; parapet
string bears gargoules and stylized foliage; angle pilaster strips;
first stage has blind 2-centred arches to north and south and 2-centred,
moulded west door; second stage has 2-centred windows with pierced
stone panels, nave wall; windows separated by Cl9 2-stage buttresses
with carved gabled tops; central C19, 4-centred perpendicular, 3-light
window flanked by similar 2-light C15 windows under 2-centred heads.
Chancel: south wall has 2 square headed, 2-light Perpendicular windows
flanking a 2-centred door; east window of 3-lights with perpendicular
tracery under a 2-centred head; north window similar to the south
windows. Chapel: north window of 5-lights with 4-centred heads, the
central one being raised,with a stepped, returned label over: west window
of 4 4-centred lights with a square head and ovolo-moulded mullions;
west door with 4-centred head. South nave window is of 2-lights under
a 2-centred head with Perpendicular tracery. Interior features:
moulded, 2-centred chancel arch with continuous jambs; moulded,
elliptical chapel arch: tower arch part concealed, flat responds;
C19 scissor-braced roofs with cusping to nave and chancel springing
from carved corbels; C19 chapel roof with arch-braced cambered collar
springing from wall-plate with carved leaves; seating with carved
bench ends of 1897; C19 octagonal pulpit; piscina with 2-centred head
in nave; C15 octagonal font with quatrefoils containing carving on
modern base; various C17, C18, C19 and C20 monuments notably to the
Napiers in the chapel with broken pediment on Corinthian columns flanked
by weepers by Robert Taylor senior early C18 and to Charles Churchill
1714 in the nave with massed trophies of arms; some C15 glass in nave.
RCHM, Dorset, vol I, pp 167-168, no 1. Newman J and Pevsner N, The
Buildings of England; Dorset, Penguin,1972, p 295. Kelly’s Directory
of Dorsetshire 1899.

Listing NGR: ST6595504340

Stone plaque on the tower.

Church of St Andrew, Minterne Magna

Church of St Andrew, Minterne Magna
Church list
Image by ell brown
A village in Dorset called Minerne Magna. We stopped here to visit Minterne Gardens.

This is the Church of St Andrew in Minterne Magna.

Grade II* listed building.

Church of St Andrew, Minterne Magna

ST 60 SE MINTERNE MAGNA MINTERNE MAGNA VILLAGE
(EAST SIDE)

8/172 26-1-56 Church of St Andrew

GV II*

Parish Church. Chancel and nave early C15, north chapel 1610-20,
west tower 1800 and 1894, general restoration 1894. Chapel probably
for Sir Robert Napier. Restoration of chancel and aisle by H.C. Sturt.
Walls of banded flint and rubble and rubble with Ham Hill stone ashlar
dressings, chapel in ashlar. Tiled, gable-ended roofs with stone
copings bearing finials. Nave has stone slate verges. Plan: chancel,
nave, west tower, north chapel. West tower: 2 stages separated by
strings with embattled parapet and crocketted pinnicles; parapet
string bears gargoules and stylized foliage; angle pilaster strips;
first stage has blind 2-centred arches to north and south and 2-centred,
moulded west door; second stage has 2-centred windows with pierced
stone panels, nave wall; windows separated by Cl9 2-stage buttresses
with carved gabled tops; central C19, 4-centred perpendicular, 3-light
window flanked by similar 2-light C15 windows under 2-centred heads.
Chancel: south wall has 2 square headed, 2-light Perpendicular windows
flanking a 2-centred door; east window of 3-lights with perpendicular
tracery under a 2-centred head; north window similar to the south
windows. Chapel: north window of 5-lights with 4-centred heads, the
central one being raised,with a stepped, returned label over: west window
of 4 4-centred lights with a square head and ovolo-moulded mullions;
west door with 4-centred head. South nave window is of 2-lights under
a 2-centred head with Perpendicular tracery. Interior features:
moulded, 2-centred chancel arch with continuous jambs; moulded,
elliptical chapel arch: tower arch part concealed, flat responds;
C19 scissor-braced roofs with cusping to nave and chancel springing
from carved corbels; C19 chapel roof with arch-braced cambered collar
springing from wall-plate with carved leaves; seating with carved
bench ends of 1897; C19 octagonal pulpit; piscina with 2-centred head
in nave; C15 octagonal font with quatrefoils containing carving on
modern base; various C17, C18, C19 and C20 monuments notably to the
Napiers in the chapel with broken pediment on Corinthian columns flanked
by weepers by Robert Taylor senior early C18 and to Charles Churchill
1714 in the nave with massed trophies of arms; some C15 glass in nave.
RCHM, Dorset, vol I, pp 167-168, no 1. Newman J and Pevsner N, The
Buildings of England; Dorset, Penguin,1972, p 295. Kelly’s Directory
of Dorsetshire 1899.

Listing NGR: ST6595504340

Church of St Andrew, Minterne Magna

Church of St Andrew, Minterne Magna
Church list
Image by ell brown
A village in Dorset called Minerne Magna. We stopped here to visit Minterne Gardens.

This is the Church of St Andrew in Minterne Magna.

Grade II* listed building.

Church of St Andrew, Minterne Magna

ST 60 SE MINTERNE MAGNA MINTERNE MAGNA VILLAGE
(EAST SIDE)

8/172 26-1-56 Church of St Andrew

GV II*

Parish Church. Chancel and nave early C15, north chapel 1610-20,
west tower 1800 and 1894, general restoration 1894. Chapel probably
for Sir Robert Napier. Restoration of chancel and aisle by H.C. Sturt.
Walls of banded flint and rubble and rubble with Ham Hill stone ashlar
dressings, chapel in ashlar. Tiled, gable-ended roofs with stone
copings bearing finials. Nave has stone slate verges. Plan: chancel,
nave, west tower, north chapel. West tower: 2 stages separated by
strings with embattled parapet and crocketted pinnicles; parapet
string bears gargoules and stylized foliage; angle pilaster strips;
first stage has blind 2-centred arches to north and south and 2-centred,
moulded west door; second stage has 2-centred windows with pierced
stone panels, nave wall; windows separated by Cl9 2-stage buttresses
with carved gabled tops; central C19, 4-centred perpendicular, 3-light
window flanked by similar 2-light C15 windows under 2-centred heads.
Chancel: south wall has 2 square headed, 2-light Perpendicular windows
flanking a 2-centred door; east window of 3-lights with perpendicular
tracery under a 2-centred head; north window similar to the south
windows. Chapel: north window of 5-lights with 4-centred heads, the
central one being raised,with a stepped, returned label over: west window
of 4 4-centred lights with a square head and ovolo-moulded mullions;
west door with 4-centred head. South nave window is of 2-lights under
a 2-centred head with Perpendicular tracery. Interior features:
moulded, 2-centred chancel arch with continuous jambs; moulded,
elliptical chapel arch: tower arch part concealed, flat responds;
C19 scissor-braced roofs with cusping to nave and chancel springing
from carved corbels; C19 chapel roof with arch-braced cambered collar
springing from wall-plate with carved leaves; seating with carved
bench ends of 1897; C19 octagonal pulpit; piscina with 2-centred head
in nave; C15 octagonal font with quatrefoils containing carving on
modern base; various C17, C18, C19 and C20 monuments notably to the
Napiers in the chapel with broken pediment on Corinthian columns flanked
by weepers by Robert Taylor senior early C18 and to Charles Churchill
1714 in the nave with massed trophies of arms; some C15 glass in nave.
RCHM, Dorset, vol I, pp 167-168, no 1. Newman J and Pevsner N, The
Buildings of England; Dorset, Penguin,1972, p 295. Kelly’s Directory
of Dorsetshire 1899.

Listing NGR: ST6595504340

SHOCKING DOCUMENTARY 1- False spirits invade the church – KUNDALINI WARNING – Andrew Strom -Part 1

Shocking footage of one of the worst “invasions” of false spirits that the church has ever seen. Proof that she has been invaded by counterfeit spirits on a worldwide scale. This is Part One of a documentary tracing this massive invasion – and showing the terrible impact it has had. Please share it with your friends. Leaders and movements involved: prophetic, apostolic, todd bentley, lakeland revival, rick joyner, morningstar, toronto blessing, new mystics, john crowder, ihop, mike bickle, patricia king, false revival, the river, bob jones, john paul jackson, sid roth, chuck pierce, bill johnson, randy clark, peter wagner, dutch sheets, pentecostal, charismatic.
Video Rating: 4 / 5