- Product Type: Original Rotogravure; Sepia
- Grade: Very Fine
- Dimensions: Approximately 10 x 15 inches; 25 x 38 cm
- Authentication: Dual Serial-Numbered Certificates of Authenticity w/ Full Provenance
- Packaged in custom sleeve w/ archival black board (great for display, gift-giving, and preservation)
This is an original 1923 rotogravure with various images of the uses of radio: the Sexton of the Church of the Covenant, Washington D. C. transmitting sermons; a radio set demonstrated by Professor Louis A. Hazeltine, Representative Vincent M. Brennan of Michigan listening to radio broadcasts of debates in the House of Representatives; and officials of the Bowie, Maryland race track broadcasting for the first time the race results by radio. (Please note that there is printing on the reverse.)
About Rotogravure: Rotogravure is a printing method using a rotary press with intaglio cylinders which allows for very high quality halftone reproductions to be printed at high speed on inexpensive paper stock. Newspapers, beginning with The New York Times, were able to make effective use of this technology, and many published regular rotogravure pictorial sections in their publications during the early 20th century.
List Price: $ 34.95
Price: $ 34.95
- Seward, Alaska, St. Peters Episcopal Church
- Photographer Carol M. Highsmith
- Photographs America offers thousands of landscape and city views. As well as thousands of historic prints from the Library of Congress Collection.
- Each print is carefully packaged in either a strong card-board tube, or in a heavy duty card-board envelope to insure safe arrival.
- Each print is custom printed using the fine-art giclee process.
Photographs America presents thousands of stunning, keepsake, and whimsical photographic prints by noted American photographer Carol M. Highsmith and landscape photographer Brendan Reals, as well as thousands more custom-corrected prints of vintage photographs from the Library of Congress collection. The images depict every region and every state: scenic landscapes, city skylines, aerial and small-town scenes, rustic rural views, Civil War sites, classic American landmarks, majestic national and state parks, intricate architectural details, fine art, animals, humorous situations, historic color and B&W photographs and engravings, vintage circus posters, World War I and II posters, and W.P.A. posters. Most photographs enlarge beautifully into the dimensions ordered. Square and other irregular-size photographs will be printed at the maximum size that best maintains their visual quality; these prints may be somewhat larger or smaller than the dimensions ordered
Price: $ 39.95