Parish Church, Aston, Birmingham
Image by brianac37
The Lych Gate of the Church of St Peter and St Paul, in Witton Lane, Aston. Birmingham, England.
The Parish Church of St Peter and St Paul (grid reference SP082899) in Witton Lane, Aston, Birmingham, England is a parish church in the Church of England.
Aston and Northfield are the only churches within the City of Birmingham mentioned in Domesday Book.
Lying next to Aston Hall, it is prominently visible from the A38(M) Aston Expressway.
There is a little 14th century stonework remaining. The steeple dates from the 15th century, partially rebuilt 1776–77 by John Cheshire. Otherwise the church dates from a design (1879–90) by J. A. Chatwin. It contains many old monuments including an alabaster knight of circa 1360 and a sandstone lady of circa 1490.
It is Grade II* listed.