Old Orthodox Church of St. Archangel Mikhail and Gabriel
Image by Anosmia
The first written record about the church dates back to 1616; the foundations and arcade structures are from the 5th and 6th century. The current structure, which dates from 1740, was badly damaged by Serb shells during the siege.
Some important relics brought here from all over the world are kept in a church’s museum or the church itself. The holy relics of St. Thecla, a saint of the early Christian Church given as a gift to the Old Church by Arsenij IV Jovanovic the Patriarch is one of the most valuable relics. The museum was erected next to the church by Jeftan Despic 1890. The museum keeps old manuscripts, art works, books, church attire, ethnographic artifacts, archaic tools, and coins.