NYC – St. Andrew’s Church

NYC – St. Andrew’s Church
Church names
Image by wallyg
St. Andrew’s Church was consecrated in 1939, replacing an earlier church, named Carroll Hall, built in 1842. Just before the Civil War when the City Hall area became the center of the printing and newspaper industry, the church recevied special dispensation to say a "Printer’s Mass"at 2:30 A.M. for the night shift of newsmen and printers. It later became the first parish church to offer noon mass for the growing number of businessman in the area. The Latin phrase in the frieze means "Blessed are those who walk in the law of the Lord."