NYC – East Village: St Nicholas Church

NYC – East Village: St Nicholas Church
St Church
Image by wallyg
St Nicholas Carpatho-Russian Orthodox Greek Catholic Church, also referred to as St. Nicholas of Myra Church, dates back to 1883 when it was built by James Renwick Jr as the missionary chapel for St Marks-in-the-Bowery Church. The current parish members bought the red brick and terra-cotta Gothic Revival building in 1936.