Little Milton – Anglican Hymn – “Rock of Age”

Anglican Episcopal Church Great Milton’s Anglican Church was first built in the 12th century, without aisles. The side aisles were added in the 13th century. The church was largely rebuilt after a fire in the early 14th century; the aisle, south porch and east half of the chancel date from this period. The west tower was built in the 15th century and in 1592 the nave roof was renewed (as attested by an inscription on the east tie-beam). The church was thoroughly restored in 1850 by GG Scott. Names: Great Milton Parish Anglican Church Type of site: Parish church Faith: Christian Faith (Anglican E.Church) Status: Active Dates: 12th century but mostly rebuilt after an early 14th century fire Architecture: Norman (Romanesque) Address: Church Road, Great Milton, Oxfordshire OX44 7PN