First Baptist Church of East Nashville
Image by SeeMidTN.com (aka Brent)
601 Main St., Listed on the National Register of Historical Places. Classical Revival architecture.
The church building was built in 1928 on the corner of Main and Sixth streets. It was expanded in 1931 and continuously improved, especially from 1934 through 1941. The front entrance of the church was restructured because of the widening of Main Street during the 1960s. Built in a Classical Revival design, this beautiful church building contains a magnificent pipe organ, melodic chimes, a mural by Tennessee State University professor and artist Frances Thompson, and memorial windows.