Church of the Nativity of Our Lady (in front) – Vitoslavlitsy wooden museum, Novgorod

Church of the Nativity of Our Lady (in front) – Vitoslavlitsy wooden museum, Novgorod
church
Image by w0LD
It is appropriate to mention here that already in the 11th century men of other Russian lands, when speaking of Novgorodians, would call them ‘carpenters’=)
The Church of the Nativity of Our Lady from Peredki (16th century ~1531) stands out for its structural perfection. Stemming from the Kuritsko Church is the Dormition, an icon painted in the 14th century (now in the Novgorod Museum of History, Architecture and Art). The remarkable icon of St Nicholas from the Church of the Nativity, probably also belonging to the 14th century, is kept at the Hermitage (St.Petersburg).
Comments (c) www.novgorod.ru/eng/

Comments are closed.