Church of St Luke in Ironbridge
Image by ell brown
Above the Tontine Hotel is the Church of St Luke. It is a Grade II listed building dating from 1836.
1836 by Thomas Smith of Madeley. Built by a syndicate of ironmasters. Buff-coloured brick Gothick church with stone dressings and Welsh slate roof. Wide nave with pairs of lancets with lozenge-shaped pane iron-frame windows and gabled buttresses between. Gabled apse with tripartite lancets. West tower in 3 stages, with octagonal angle turrets with stone pinnacles and embattled parapet, lancet bell-openings and clock face below. West doorway at base of tower. Interior: 3 galleries. Stained glass in east window probably by Evans. Similar to Christ Church Wellington q.v. also by Thomas Smith.