Church of Cross

Church of Cross
Church
Image by themactep
Kreuzkirche (Church of Cross). Built in 1933. This church had survived in English bombardment of Koenigsberg in 1944 and attack on the city in 1945. Only the southern tower (the right one on the photo) was damaged. After the war the church room was used as art studio, later as a factory. A fire destroyed the church substantially. Different repairs were accomplished. In 1988 the church was handed to orthodox municipality. Today is an Orthodox church.

Comments are closed.