Baptist Church, Cassellbank Street

Baptist Church, Cassellbank Street
Church furniture
Image by leithlightingfan
This building is dated to 1893/4 and has been C(S) listed by Historic Scotland since1977 to include what is described as the ‘decorative iron bracket’ in front of the radial fanlight at the entrance. This appears to have been a decorative bracket used to support a gas light. The Baptist Church sign and horizontal metal bar from which the sign is supported appear to be later additions. The remains of a gas jet is visible on the original bracket just above the bracket that is supporting the sign.

For further info on preserving Leith’s historic lights go to: www.greenerleith.org/greener-leith-news/2012/4/10/leither…

See where this picture was taken. [?]